African Parks Management Unit
The management team typically consists of a park manager, a field operations manager, a financial controller, a technical manager and a community manager whose broad responsibilities include the following:
- Restocking the park with founder populations of indigenous species
- Building necessary park infrastructure including telecommunications, administrative facilities, roads, bomas, fencing (where appropriate), workshops and housing.
- Ongoing management and maintenance of the park, its infrastructure and equipment.
- Implementation of an effective law-enforcement programme.
- Managing relationships with neighbouring communities and implementation of community projects.
- Establishing and collecting tourism and other user fees and monitoring the performance of commercial operators.
The Park Management Unit is managed and supervised by the African Parks Network which also provides specialist skills and support when required.